Economic Quick Facts
- One in 10 employees works in the aerospace industry in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma City biotech firms report annual revenues of more than $4.1 billion and employ more than 27,800 workers with annual compensation of $1.5 billion.
- Cost of living index 89.1
- 3.7% unemployment (Jan. 2015)
- $68,175 average HH income
- $46,076 median HH income
- 86,946 households with > $100,000 HH income
Demographic Quick Facts
The Oklahoma City Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) includes seven counties:
MSA population = 1.32 million people
Oklahoma City is the third largest city in the nation by geographic area with 621.2 square miles.
1.52% annual population growth rate
1.55% annual HH growth rate
19.3% population growth since 2000
34.8% college grads
• 18 colleges and universities
• 125,000 college students
Did you know?
- The Port of Catoosa, just north of Tulsa, is the largest inland port in the United States.
- The shopping cart was invented on June 4, 1937 by Sylvan Goldman, owner of the Humpty Dumpty supermarket chain in Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma’s largest lake in surface area is Eufaula (105,000 acres)
- Tulsa, Oklahoma native, Gordon Matthews, owned a patent and founded the first company to offer corporate voicemail.